If you want to fly only for your own pleasure – this is definitely what you need!
If you choose the Light Aircraft Pilot License LAPL(A) course, you will gain all the necessary knowledge and skills needed for a safe and efficient flying under the VFR (Visual Flight Rules). LAPL(A) will enable you to fly for your own pleasure and transportation, or even take family and friends on the trip or sightseeing flight as long as you do not get paid for doing it.
A LAPL for aeroplanes will allow you to act as pilot in command (PIC) on two classes of aircraft: either a single-engine piston aeroplane (land) or touring motor glider (TMG) with a maximum take-off mass of 2000 kg or less, carrying a maximum of 3 passengers, with no more than 4 persons on board.
- The applicant for an LAPL(A) and PPL(A) shall hold a valid medical class 1 or class 2. Latest point to have the medical class 1 or class 2 is before the first solo flight.
- Applicants for an LAPL(A) and PPL(A) shall have finished their 17th birthday. Minimum age for the first solo flight is 16 years. Minimum age for beginning of the training is 16 years.
The course consists of theoretical and practical training.
Theoretical training consists of minimum 100 hours classroom lectures from nine subjects:
- Air Law and ATC Procedures
- Human Performance
- Aircraft General Knowledge
- Principles of Flight
- Operational Procedures
- Flight Performance and Planning
Minimum 30 hours flight training of which 6 hours must be solo which will include at least 3 hours of solo cross country flight time.
Training is conducted on single-engine aircrafts Cessna-152 and Cessna-172N.
Practical training is mainly conducted from our airport in Bratina, Pisarovina.
Theoretical training: Exams on CCAA (Croatian Civil Aviation Agency).
Practical part: Flight with examiner.
If you want to see how the training is conducted, you can make a reservation for Introductory Flight.